The #1 Custom RuneScape Private Server

Suggestions for the Future

Hi all, Sadness and I have been talking around with our mates/people in-game and have put together a rather large suggestions thread, we are all mainly endgame - however have really thought about how the game progresses and what would be ideal for the game, ranging all the way from beginner/mid game content - right to endgame. That being said, we will be looking at the thread regularly and looking at any relevant changes we feel necessary to our ideas - so please do be 100% honest and serious with your input, as we have put quite a bit of time into this.

That being said, we have organised it in what we feel is most important - down to least important.

Slayer rework

Early-mid game slayer is generally useless and apart from the odd infinite furious potion, it is generally disregarded - albeit the starter store is quite nice with miniguns. What we have proposed for this, is to combine the Easy, medium, hard and extreme slayer points into one - with that, also combining the respective stores with eachother. The tasks set by each master will then give scaling points. 

Slayer task streak system (kinda like OSRS) - more points, the higher the streak.

Fix hitbox of Hack Links.

Easy-Extreme shop:

Infinite furious/prayer, upgraded collectors, miniguns, death protector armour, galvik armour, darth vader, sephiroph, cloud strife, quad boxes, slayer caskets/keys, slayer helms, $1 caskets

Master Slayer shop:

Current point system doesn't match with the usefulness/prices of the items in the shop, the collector's amulet is worth the most - as it is exclusive, however it is only 9000 points - yet the other items, such as the ring of death/owners attachment, need to be edited to reflect their price.

Raids Rework/bridging the gap

There is a massive gap between mid and end-game armours, so we propose to fill that gap - we use the existing raids minigame.

Initially, we would ask for a nerf of UPG raids' droprate and also a junk value of 50m. This will allow junking raids as a form of cash income from doing raids; also giving a gap for the new armours, we are going to propse, to fill.

Also, we looked at making the Max cape viable - so we would like for it to be buffed to be equal to a Cape of tankers.

Following my previous point:

Raids 1 - Armour raid

(Supreme armour) - Tribrid

Raid one will give a new raids armour as a drop, coined "Supreme armour", which will have the opportunity to upgrade it into "Upg. Supreme raid armour" - this new Upg. Supreme raid armour will have similar stats to the Jack melee (obviously balanced for all 3 combat styles), we haven't decided on a Droprate on the set.

Raids 2 - Weapon raid

(Supreme Weapons) - Melee, Range, Mage, Shield??

Raids two will give a new set of weapons as a drop.

Melee: "Supreme Scythe/Sword" (dev's discretion). This weapon will have the stats of the Energy sword, as the Energy sword is usually upgraded the minute it comes into the game, so having an item that won't necessarily be removed and be somewhat permanent, would be ideal. We have not discussed an upgrade option on it, however an item having the stats between energy sword/dks would be cool (and potentially a cash/item sink) 

Range: "Supreme Bow"  This bow will have the stats that bridge between DAM minigun and BFG900, with the same upgrade option as per above. 

Mage: "Supreme Staff" This staff will have the stats that will mirror the damage of the other weapons, as Oath is Zoggy - I cannot really give another item example. Same upgrade option, as per the "Melee" is a potential idea aswell.

Raids 1+2 Will also drop: a "0.5qt box" (or just a load of quad boxes), raids tickets, Diamond donator scroll, $5-$10 scroll.

Raid Requirements

With this, we would like to add new requirements for raids - so that people can't just jump on and get carried. With the Raids 1 + 2 rework, it would be ideal for all new players to do Raids 1+2. 

Requirements: 50 Raid 1 AND 2 (each) -> 100 Easy smash -> 250 Medium smash -> 500 Hard smash -> Extreme smash

QOL Upgrades:

Smash mix flask (credit to Shinzoop), make an upgrade for Smash Mix (2) into a flask (6)- 1x Smash mix (2) + 20m at 30% upgrade chance to Smash Mix Flask (6)

Upgradeable donation ranks:

Sapphire Scroll -> Emerald Scroll = 10m 40% chance

Emerald Scroll -> Ruby Scroll = 100m 25% chance

Ruby Scroll -> Diamond Scroll = 500m 10% chance

Task Systems:

It is clear that the current progression is a bit outdated.

We propose a few new task/achievement systems to give alternative routes for players in-game.

Daily Tasks, a new system with tiered tasks, tiers would go: Easy, Medium, Hard, Elite and Master - with loot equal to that tier, unsure about the items.

With that, a Daily login system with standard loot on days 1-6 and a larger reward on the 7th (has to be consecutive logins).

Cash minigame rework:

(Later on in this thread, we will talk about the End-game ideas - which is going to implement quite a few, hefty, upgrades (cash sinks - sorry 🙂 )

We thought that, although the junk price was good for the price of the frieza as it was dropping a lot, it was feeding in money at the top of the game, and wasn't necessarily an option for starter/mid-game players. 

With this we bring you the cash minigame rework. This is a minigame where you sacrifice the objective of getting item drops and getting pure hard cash. 

Room one box:

Current reward - 300 1b tickets (always), 1500 1b (1/25), Cash Room Key 2 (1/50).

New - 10,000 x 1b tickets (always), 50000 1b (1/25), cash room key 2 (1/250).

Room two box:

Current reward - 800 1b tickets (always), 3,200 1b (1/25), cash room key 3 (1/80).

New - 25,000 1b tickets (always), 100,000 1b (1/25), cash room key 3 (1/500).

Room three box:

Current reward - 2,000 1b tickets (always), 6,000 1b (1/25), cash room key 4 (1/100).

New - 50,000 1b tickets (always), 250,000 1b ( 1/25), cash room key 4 (1/1000).

Room four box:

Current reward: 6,000 1b tickets (always), 5,000 1b (1/10), 10,000 1b (1/15), 15,000 1b (1/20), 25,000 1b (1/150), Quad box (1/400), 1Q Ticket (1/700).

New - 100,000 1b tickets (always), 500,000 1b (1/25), 1Q ticket (1/50), 5Q tickets (1/250), 10Q tickets (1/500), 1QT box (1/2500), 1 QT ticket (1/5000)

Magic:

Magic, as we all are aware, needs a bit of love, with this we are putting forward the idea of a Frieza equivalent magic MOB, being "Viktor" (league character) - Dropping armour that is on par to Frieza (but for mage).

With this, I would suggest adding a junk to Manray or having a higher DPS with the "Viktor" armour, but higher DR with Manray.

This will also drop a 2nd BIS mage weapon (A New BIS mage weapon is to be added to KH2 raids).

General Cash sinks (open to other ideas)

Buyable Manray tickets: 200-300m per ticket

Increasing upgrade prices of DKS to 1QT 

(Please suggest more)

KH2 Buff

New BIS staff

Change the "Oblivion Keyblade Insurance scroll" to a universal scroll for upgrading items.

Add Onyx scroll instead of Diamond

Look at nerfing HP of bosses in KH2

Buff the "general drops" such as a $1 casket dropping 5 at a time.

Gambling

Along with a new automated gambling system, a new gambling scroll on the donation point shop for 200 points. You will need this scroll to access the zone, makes a scroll sink and also makes it so that when a new player gets a good drop - they simply don't just go to gamble straight away.

Pet System

Pet drops from: Viktor, Frieza and Masterchief.

Viktor = 50% Magic damage boost

Frieza = 50% Range damage boost

Master Chief = 50% Melee damage boost

"Super trio pet" - 2qt + 3 pets above forge (65% upg chance?) = 75% tribrid damage boost.

Darkside = 2x Magic damage boost

Yoshi = 2x Melee damage boost

New pet from 7ds = 2x Range damage boost

"Superior Trio pet" - 4QT + 3 above pets (65% upg chance) = 2x Tribrid damage boost.

Smash pet will remain 2.1x damage to all styles.

-SIDE ADDITION, Souls to be added to Masterchief, Frieza, Viktor (7.5 DR + 7.5% dmg bonus) 

End-game Shizzle

Althought there is quite a lot of End-game things mixed in above, they're quite big changes - these are just suggestions we have for the people sitting around, just collecting cash, helping people out; basically just aimlessly playing. So here are our ideas:

New infinite soul

300 of each and every soul into, making an "Infinite base soul", having a 2.5dr + 2.5%dr - which can be upgraded for 500m cash (30% success rate), making an "infinite great soul". And a final upgrade for 1qt cash (30% success rate), making an "infinite ultra soul". 

I personally, would like for it to have no character override/change - as I don't necessarily like changing into the models. 

Ownercape:

Using an owner cape with attachments as upgrades:

We have noticed, and I'm sure everyone else has, a significant drop in the price/value of ownercapes and also the attachment, with this we're proposing an upgrade method.

Either:

Using multiple Owner's attachments on an Ownercape (3-5) for an assured upgrade.

Or

1 Owner's attachments + Ownercape + 1qt cash, with a 20% upgrade chance

Upgraded Max capes:

Owner max cape - Max Cape + Owner cape + 1qt (30%)

Bowser max cape - Max cape + Bowser shell + 1qt (30%)

You would lose the 1qt + bowershell/owner cape if the update failed.

These capes would give a 5% dmg increase on the Cape item.

Completionist cape:

Equal to an Ownercape, requiring EVERYTHING done in-game (the requirements could also contain new KC's, i.e 50k frieza, 50k masterchief, 2000 extreme smash etc etc).

However, as above this would have the upgrade options:

Owner Comp cape -  Comp Cape + Owner cape + 2qt (30%) = 5% inc dmg

Bowser Comp cape - Comp Cape + Bowser shell + 2qt (30%) = NO bonus damage, however will allow the Bowser Set affect to be used.

As I've mentioned throughout, we would like as much input/ideas as possible. If you do have a criticism - please don't simply say "this idea is :spit:", we are going to keep an eye on the thread and discuss all ideas; GIVEN you tell us a reason and what you think would be better.

Moreover, this is just a suggestion post, at the end of the day - all ideas on here are not the final product, however they are pointers to Devs on what we believe would be in the best interest of Azerite.

Thank you for reading,

Biggiesmallz

Credit:

(Sadness, Lewis, Vape, Tom Thumb, W I N G Z, Loot From, Didy, Morgen, Recky, CJ, Tigrex and a few other people - sorry if I missed you off).

Edited by Biggiesmallz
  • Like 2

more starter npc drops a mid game drop rate (1/1000)

I'm really glad to see some seriously thought out suggestions come forward. 
I saw your post but I wanted to give myself sometime to learn a little more about the way the server worked before giving any feed back. I've been playing for about a week now so this could be a good opportunity to grab some idea of what the server is like to a fresh account.

I'll just address some things one by one as you listed them:

Slayer rework:

Early-mid game slayer is generally useless and apart from the odd infinite furious potion, it is generally disregarded - albeit the starter store is quite nice with miniguns. What we have proposed for this, is to combine the Easy, medium, hard and extreme slayer points into one - with that, also combining the respective stores with eachother. The tasks set by each master will then give scaling points. 

I think the contents of the shop, and in some cases the items in the shop themselves, might need re-thinking.
Having a single currency for the items while being rewarded more for more difficult tasks would make much more sense.
But, more specifically, and more realistically a lot of these items are not going to get purchased ever unless this change does occur.

I disagree that the easy shop is  useless. The easy shop has great early ranged gear, and offers somewhat of an opportunity to grind out a collectors amulet upgrade. 
The miniguns also offer that same opportunity for upgrading to a BFG. I also personally made use of the bone crusher out of hating to have bones be picked up.

The Medium Slayer store is pretty useless, we will talk about why later, but Vader set is misleadingly placed in a store of it's own implying it's something to work towards, though it's more of a time waste than anything. I think I may have bought the Vader cape, as a cape slot filler, and that's it.

The Hard Slayer store suffers the same fate as the Medium. Sporting a mediocre melee set, while having no legitimate access to a quality melee weapon until raids,  followed by the most expensive item in the shop being the same melee weapon they give you for doing the starterzone. The other items being Berserker boots and wings and Broly pet which can all easily be grinded directly from Broly himself (Likely within' the first 1.5k you'd need for Frezia anyway), rather than hard task slayer points.

Extreme Store, as you said, maybe you'd work for the inf. fury potion, but the other items are underwhelming for the amount of work to get them from the shop, and is already offered in other ways including grinding OTHER slayer stores that aren't this one, to get the same item such as the DAM MG or UPG collectors icon.

Slayer task streak system (kinda like OSRS) - more points, the higher the streak.

This should be a given, it's tragic it's not already a thing.

Raids Rework/bridging the gap

There is a massive gap between mid and end-game armours, so we propose to fill that gap - we use the existing raids minigame.

Initially, we would ask for a nerf of UPG raids' droprate and also a junk value of 50m. This will allow junking raids as a form of cash income from doing raids; also giving a gap for the new armours, we are going to propose, to fill.

Also, we looked at making the Max cape viable - so we would like for it to be buffed to be equal to a Cape of tankers.

Yes. I feel like a lot of the armors we have ALREADY available attempt to fill that gap but fail to do so. A lot of the things we have available are junk before they ever have a chance to be considered more than that. 

THERE IS some evidence that points to the idea that this weird gap we have was at one point viewed as intentional design. This is hinted by the fact that coincidentally anything that drops a decent melee weapon/upgrade, has a protection from range based attacks which is the only good style we are ever given access to. This seems like a way to imitate difficulty, by locking your upgrades behind grinds that become slow and tedious only because they force you to use poor performing gears on monsters with large health pools and low drop rates.

Bridging this gap would make a huge difference, and give you a since of choice, opportunity, and actual progression, rather than being halted.

Raids 1 - Armour raid

(Supreme armour) - Tribrid

Raid one will give a new raids armour as a drop, coined "Supreme armour", which will have the opportunity to upgrade it into "Upg. Supreme raid armour" - this new Upg. Supreme raid armour will have similar stats to the Jack melee (obviously balanced for all 3 combat styles), we haven't decided on a Droprate on the set.

It seems like mid game armor for all styles becomes the same set until late game, where it branches off again.
This fixes the issue, at least, of incentivizing people to just skip over the other content and encouraging people to gain access to it, WHILE obtaining a decent set of upgrades. This bridges the gap in terms of power before entering smash raids. I would almost argue this armor raid is not needed and more or less ONLY the weapons would be more beneficial.

There are some decent armor inserts, and I feel like this raids set could fit the gap between gundam and raids armors. Or fit in just below gundam armor in the tier list, filling the gap between. There needs to be something that promotes a stronger melee and magic loadout specifically. Which again I feel as if that is more present in the weapon suggestions bellow.

Raids 2 - Weapon raid

(Supreme Weapons) - Melee, Range, Mage, Shield??

Raids two will give a new set of weapons as a drop.

Melee: "Supreme Scythe/Sword" (dev's discretion). This weapon will have the stats of the Energy sword, as the Energy sword is usually upgraded the minute it comes into the game, so having an item that won't necessarily be removed and be somewhat permanent, would be ideal. We have not discussed an upgrade option on it, however an item having the stats between energy sword/dks would be cool (and potentially a cash/item sink) 

Range: "Supreme Bow"  This bow will have the stats that bridge between DAM minigun and BFG900, with the same upgrade option as per above. 

Mage: "Supreme Staff" This staff will have the stats that will mirror the damage of the other weapons, as Oath is Zoggy - I cannot really give another item example. Same upgrade option, as per the "Melee" is a potential idea aswell.

Raids 1+2 Will also drop: a "0.5qt box" (or just a load of quad boxes), raids tickets, Diamond donator scroll, $5-$10 scroll.

Melee: Exactly what I mentioned above. Yes.

Ranged: Sounds right.

Mage: I think anything would do, perhaps moving oath to be obtained in a more appropriate way would be fitting, making room for more magic weapons in early-mid game content.

Raid Requirements

With this, we would like to add new requirements for raids - so that people can't just jump on and get carried. With the Raids 1 + 2 rework, it would be ideal for all new players to do Raids 1+2. 

Requirements: 50 Raid 1 AND 2 (each) -> 100 Easy smash -> 250 Medium smash -> 500 Hard smash -> Extreme smash

I think as I said, the current set up encourages you to skip content that isn't "Meta" or "useful in comparison" this new raid really fits the bill to reward you for spending your time in different content.

QOL Upgrades:

Smash mix flask (credit to Shinzoop), make an upgrade for Smash Mix (2) into a flask (6)- 1x Smash mix (2)

Don't see why not.

Upgradeable donation ranks:

Sapphire Scroll -> Emerald Scroll = 10m 40% chance

Emerald Scroll -> Ruby Scroll = 100m 25% chance

Ruby Scroll -> Diamond Scroll = 500m 10% chance

Sounds reasonable suggestion. Maybe a little pricey though. People give out ruby donator scrolls like candy, I cant see anyone spending 100m to MAYBE get one.

1m --> 10m --100m sounds more realistic. 

Task Systems:

It is clear that the current progression is a bit outdated.

We propose a few new task/achievement systems to give alternative routes for players in-game.

Daily Tasks, a new system with tiered tasks, tiers would go: Easy, Medium, Hard, Elite and Master - with loot equal to that tier, unsure about the items.

With that, a Daily login system with standard loot on days 1-6 and a larger reward on the 7th (has to be consecutive logins).

A lot of the current progression system can stay, being accompanied by these other suggestions. Would need more fleshed out ideas but I like the concept.

Cash minigame rework:

(Later on in this thread, we will talk about the End-game ideas - which is going to implement quite a few, hefty, upgrades (cash sinks - sorry 🙂 )

We thought that, although the junk price was good for the price of the frieza as it was dropping a lot, it was feeding in money at the top of the game, and wasn't necessarily an option for starter/mid-game players. 

With this we bring you the cash minigame rework. This is a minigame where you sacrifice the objective of getting item drops and getting pure hard cash. 

I never did this mini-game, so I can't comment on this, but it sounds like the mini-game currently does not provide enough cash into the other areas of the game, while end game content is pumping it in for the few who can access it.

If you are suggesting money be more generally more accessible to everyone  by buffing the mini-game that gurantees some cash to spend, rhat would make sense.

Magic:

Magic, as we all are aware, needs a bit of love, with this we are putting forward the idea of a Frieza equivalent magic MOB, being "Viktor" (league character) - Dropping armour that is on par to Frieza (but for mage).

With this, I would suggest adding a junk to Manray or having a higher DPS with the "Viktor" armour, but higher DR with Manray.

This will also drop a 2nd BIS mage weapon (A New BIS mage weapon is to be added to KH2 raids).

For sure, can't argue with that.

General Cash sinks (open to other ideas)

Buyable Manray tickets: 200-300m per ticket

Increasing upgrade prices of DKS to 1QT 

(Please suggest more)

POH Tax.
Cosmetic shop.
Transmogrifications (Making an item look like a different item while keeping the same stats) This makes cosmetics worth having some value also!
Purchasable temporary buffs (No prayer drain for 1h, increased max HP, Damage Increase, non degrading potion effect)

KH2 Buff

New BIS staff

Change the "Oblivion Keyblade Insurance scroll" to a universal scroll for upgrading items.

Add Onyx scroll instead of Diamond

Look at nerfing HP of bosses in KH2

Buff the "general drops" such as a $1 casket dropping 5 at a time.

Can't comment on Kh2 I haven't done.

Gambling

Along with a new automated gambling system, a new gambling scroll on the donation point shop for 200 points. You will need this scroll to access the zone, makes a scroll sink and also makes it so that when a new player gets a good drop - they simply don't just go to gamble straight away.

I'm not entirely sure why Gambling was removed, would need more details before I could know how to respond to this one.

Pet System

End-game Shizzle

New infinite soul

Ownercape:

Completionist cape:

Can't really comment too much on these above, I'm unsure how they would effect the game in general and how it would change  from how things are currently. Also haven't made it to that higher content myself.

As I've mentioned throughout, we would like as much input/ideas as possible. If you do have a criticism - please don't simply say "this idea is :spit:", we are going to keep an eye on the thread and discuss all ideas; GIVEN you tell us a reason and what you think would be better.

Moreover, this is just a suggestion post, at the end of the day - all ideas on here are not the final product, however they are pointers to Devs on what we believe would be in the best interest of Azerite.

Thank you for reading,

Biggiesmallz

Took me like 2 hours to write this, so feel free to let me know what things I've got wrong, what ideas you liked  or didn't like ect.

You can message me on discord if you like: Zavi (Combat Only)#6133

Take care! 

Edit:

All-in-all, there is this really almost glaring issue that needs to be fixed where walls are put up that they seem to intentionally make hard to climb.
It's like a classic trope of "You need money to make money" or "You need previous experience in a job, to get a job that requires previous experience" That's what it feels like to me. They give you the tools to get just far enough to feel some power (BFG9000) and then they take it all away and suddenly your only option is to kill 100s or 1000s of these huge bosses with the starterzone blade that does like only 3k damage, because they are immune to range.

Edited by Mushi
  • 2 months later...